The Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) is an advanced degree program that prepares graduates with research, critical analysis, and application skills to make an intellectual contribution to their field of business study. Saint Leo University's DBA program builds on its values that emphasize social responsibility, innovation, and accountability to foster a new form of leadership focused on creating vibrant and sustainable organizations. Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the functional business areas, practical skills for leading within an organization and methods for shaping responsible leaders.
The DBA develops graduates for teaching, academic leadership, or to work in the consulting field. The program leverages the School of Business' expertise in delivering flexible graduate programs that are student centered, application oriented, and outcomes driven.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
After completion of the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), graduates will:
1. Develop research skills and the ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze and critique both academic and applied research.
2. Synthesize the global implications of research conducted while critically thinking about the interrelated activities that occur in the functional areas of business.
3. Demonstrate excellence in both teaching or consulting practices with an emphasis on using experiential, active learning and coaching techniques.
4. Create an original and intellectual contribution to the field of management and/or business in the required dissertation project.
5. Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in written and oral presentation skills.
6. Integrate Saint Leo University's Core Values and ethical foundations into the dissertation process and critical thinking skills used throughout the program.